So around 4 I started having breathing problems. Just the usual out of breath, tightness . It continued to progress throughout the night. It was hard to talk, my nostrils were flaring a bit, I was pale, around my eyes were red, and I just felt like crap. I tried albuterol a couple times with no success. My mom had called the hospital today, saying our previous antibiotic wasn’t helping so now I’m on prednisone and the other antibiotic. Along with doing therapy 4 times a day.
At around 9 we decided to go to the er. I’ve been here once before so it wasn’t exactly my first rodeo. When we got there I ms were some normal questions. Then I was pulled back into a room. A nurse came in and talked about some doctors coming in. I talked to a few doctors and a couple nurses. Went through all my meds several times. Change into an uncomfortable gown and went down for X-rays. Like any other X-ray I’ve had, nothing showed any abnormalities. They decide I was going to be admitted and I got an iv in. They drew some blood through it. Then I waited for tech to transport me when I had bed.
Now that your caught up to speed, I’m laying in the uncomfortable bed with uncomfortable pillows because I didn’t pack a lot, nor did I bring my own pillow. Tomorrow is when we’re going to decide everything. I have pfts in the morning and then we’ll see if I’m going to stay or not. I had pfts done three days ago at clinic, but since my breathing has been getting worse they want to check them. Honestly I hope I stay to be put on iv antibiotics. I know prednisone doesn’t help and everything else doesn’t beside iv meds. It would be better to be admitted now then in a couple weeks, plus then I would hopefully be able to have a picc in before the weekend. Even with the added therapies I know the oral meds won’t help. I’ve been through this before and know what ends up happening.
Anyways that’s all for now, I’ll update tomorrow,